Saturday, November 21, 2015

Daily Life 1st Annual Best of 2015 Part I.

As 2015 is fast coming to an end I'd like to introduce my new series on technology that I find useful in my daily life.  Starting off,  I'll be focusing on the ones that I've found to be the best in 2015.  The first part of the best of 2015 will be smartphones.  They've seem to have become a part of our daily lives and to some people they have become so intertwined that they've actually become a part of ourselves.  Smartphones have become so powerful that they've become a lot more than just phones.  Most of us can't even deny that we use some social media app such as Facebook,  Twitter, or Instagram at least once a week or even daily on our smartphones.  The problem is as smartphones have become more powerful and RAM and storage have become larger and larger, the prices have as well.  When Sony first debuted the Xperia line of smartphones consumers knocked it for being as expensive as $800 to $1000 USD.  These days the best flagships carry similar pricing.  This makes it more important than ever to choose the right one as we tightening our belts and try to stretch our dollars further.  However, stretching the dollar further is more than just about features.  The phone that I find to be the best may not be the best phone for you.  One of the reasons why is because technology these days is all about ecosystem.  If you've heavily invested in one ecosystem, what I find to be the best may not be the best for you as it would require more money to switch.  So which smartphone do I find to be the best in my daily life?  Some would disagree, and others are greatly disappointed by what the manufacturer has decided to omit, but I find the best smartphone to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.  Smartphones have grown bigger and bigger but Samsung's Note series has always been big compared to most smartphones on the market.  Samsung was also the first to coin the term "phablet" because of the Note series.  Competitors may have also gained a stylus, but Samsung has had a head start and you won't find one that is as useful as the one for the Galaxy Note 5.  Despite what Steve Jobs was quoted, its the stylus for the Note 5 and its features that put the Note 5 above all other smartphones.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in "Gold Platinum"


No comments:

Post a Comment